Welcome and Thank you for visiting the Government and Veterans' Affairs page of our website. Members of the Rolling Thunder® Inc. National Government and Veterans' Affairs Committee are committed to working with members of Congress, Veterans and other organizations to discuss and work on legislation that directly and indirectly affects our POW/MIA's and Veterans.
Rolling Thunder® Inc. National
Government and Veterans' Affairs
"America's POW/MIA's will never die until they are forgotten."
1. S.42 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): BUILD for Veterans Act of 2023 -
To improve the management and performance of the capital asset programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs so as to better serve veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors, and for other purposes.
2. S.10 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): VA Clinician Appreciation, Recruitment, Education, Expansion, and Retention Support (CAREERS) Act of 2023 -
To improve the workforce of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes.
3. H.R.214 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Veterans’ True Choice Act of 2023 -
To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide eligibility for TRICARE Select to veterans with service-connected disabilities, and for other purposes.
3. H.R.232 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Real Justice for Our Veterans Act of 2023
4. H.R.236 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to designate a week as "Battle Buddy Check Week" for the purpose of outreach and education concerning peer wellness checks for veterans, and for other purposes.
Sponsor:Rep. Jackson Lee, Sheila [D-TX-18] (Introduced
01/10/2023)Committees: House - Veterans' Affairs Latest Action: House - 02/08/2023 Referred to the Subcommittee on Health. (All Actions)
5. H.R.1003 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to carry out a study and clinical trials on the effects of cannabis on certain health outcomes of veterans with chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder, and for other purposes. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
6.H.R. 333 - To amend title 10, United States Code, to permit retired members of the Armed Forces who have a service-connected disability rated less than 50 percent to receive concurrent payment of both retired pay and veterans disability compensation, to extend eligibility for concurrent receipt to chapter 61 disability retirees with less than 20 years of service, and for other purposes. **Rep. Sanford Bishop (Ga.) introduced H.R. 333, the Disabled Veterans Tax Termination Act.**
7. H.R.733 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Vet CENTERS for Mental Health Act of 2023
8. H.R.411 - Lead by Example Act of 2023 118th Congress (2023-2024) |
BILL Sponsor: Rep. Davidson, Warren [R-OH-8] (Introduced 01/20/2023) Committees: House - House Administration; Veterans' Affairs
(a) Health Care Benefits.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, beginning January 3, 2025, the only health care plan that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and Congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or Congressional staff shall be health care provided through the Department of Veterans Affairs, including at facilities of the Department and non-Department facilities pursuant to chapter 17 of title 38, United States Code, and any other provision of law authorizing the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to furnish such care to veterans, as if such Members and staff were veterans.
9. S-132--Pilot Program Required.—The Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs shall jointly carry out a pilot program to assess the feasibility and advisability of providing the module described in subsection (b) and services under subsection (c) as part of the pre-separation transition process for members of the Armed Forces as a means of reducing the incidence of suicide among veterans.
S.132/H.R.3722 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Daniel J. Harvey, Jr. and Adam Lambert Improving Servicemember Transition to Reduce Veteran Suicide Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
10. H.R.542 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Elizabeth Dole Home Care Act of 2023
11. Cosponsors - H.R.1282 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Major Richard Star Act
This bill provides that combat-disabled uniformed services retirees with fewer than 20 years of creditable service may concurrently receive, without reduction, veterans' disability compensation and retired pay or combat-related special compensation.
12. S.344 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Major Richard Star Act
Flag Raising Ceremony Video
NATIONAL POW/MIA FLAG ACT SIGNED INTO LAW
November 7, 2019
Note: For information on these bills we are pushing go to
www.congress.gov and to find your representatives:
Communicating with Congress
How A Bill Becomes Law
Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee website - http://veterans.senate.gov/
Senate Armed Services - http://armed-services.senate.gov/press.htm\
House Armed Services - http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/home
New Jersey Legislature Web Site - www.njleg.state.nj.us