Welcome and Thank you for visiting the Government and Veterans' Affairs page of our website. Members of the Rolling Thunder® Inc. National Government and Veterans' Affairs Committee are committed to working with members of Congress, Veterans and other organizations to discuss and work on legislation that directly and indirectly affects our POW/MIA's and Veterans.
For more information about the committee and Government and Veterans' Affairs, please feel free to contact
Berney Jarosz, Chairman at 732-484-8120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, Thank you for visiting our site as well as for your support!
Rolling Thunder® Inc. National
Government and Veterans' Affairs
"America's POW/MIA's will never die until they are forgotten."
The COVID Coach app was created for everyone, including Veterans and Servicemembers, to support self-care and overall mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Click here to get the app:
COVID Coach is available in English and Spanish. To switch the language, go to the Menu > Personalize, and then select the language using the picker at the bottom of the screen.
Need help with this mobile app? Send email to MobileMentalHealth@va.gov.
Veteran Bills Being Supported By Rolling Thunder®, Inc.
1) S.657 - A bill to modify the presumption of service connection for veterans who were exposed to herbicide agents while serving in the Armed Forces in Thailand during the Vietnam era, and for other purposes.
2) HR 333 - The Disabled Veteran's tax termination act.
3) H.R.2281 - To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the United States Army Dust Off crews of the Vietnam War, collectively, in recognition of their extraordinary heroism and life-saving actions in Vietnam.
4) S.1198 - A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve and expand the Solid Start program of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes.
5) S 89 and HR 746 Ensuring Survivor Benefits during Covid-19 Act of 2021.
6) HR 1476 - PFC Joseph P. Dwyer Peer Support Program Act - This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to establish the PFC Joseph P. Dwyer Peer Support Program to make grants to eligible entities for peer-to-peer mental health programs for veterans.
7) HR 1656 - TREAT PTSD Act - This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DOD) to furnish stellate ganglion block to certain veterans or members of the Armed Forces (including reserve components) diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Blocking the stellate ganglion (a group of nerves at the base of the neck) by injecting a local anesthetic is a treatment that may alleviate PTSD symptoms.
8) HR 1022 - PAWS Act of 2021 - This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to implement a grant program for the purpose of pairing service dogs with eligible veterans. Organizations that receive grants must provide veterinary health insurance coverage, hardware, and travel expenses for each service dog and veteran participating in the program.
9) HR 1448 - Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers for Veterans Therapy Act - This bill implements a program and a policy related to service dog therapy for veterans. Specifically, the bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to implement a five-year pilot program to provide canine training to eligible veterans diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder as an element of a complementary and integrative health program. Eligible veterans are those who are enrolled in the VA health care system and have been recommended for participation by a qualified mental health care provider or clinical team. H.R. 1448 Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers for Veterans Therapy Act was signed into law By President Joe Biden August 25, 2021.
10) HR 1123 - Veteran Suicide Prevention Act - This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to complete a review of the deaths of all covered veterans who died by suicide during the five-year period preceding the enactment of this bill. Covered veterans are those who received VA hospital care or medical services during the five-year period preceding the death of the veteran.
Flag Raising Ceremony Video
NATIONAL POW/MIA FLAG ACT SIGNED INTO LAW
November 7, 2019
Note: For information on these bills we are pushing go to
www.congress.gov and to find your representatives:
Communicating with Congress
How A Bill Becomes Law
Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee website - http://veterans.senate.gov/
Senate Armed Services - http://armed-services.senate.gov/press.htm\
House Armed Services - http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/home
New Jersey Legislature Web Site - www.njleg.state.nj.us